Last Updated: 30 December 2016
1.1 This policy sets the guidelines and terms on which Smile Being You processes, stores, protects and otherwise handles information and data about users. This includes both non-identifiable information and personal identifiable information (PII) that is collected online by Smile Being You and provided by you. PII is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
1.2 When you use our website you automatically give your consent to Smile Being You processing and handling your data, and agree to ensure that any information you provide is correct to the best of your knowledge.
2. When does Smile Being You collect this information?
2.1 Smile Being You collects information as follows:
- When you access and use the Smile Being You website or social media platforms
- If you enter information into a Smile Being You form
- If you email or message Smile Being You
- If you choose reveal information in comments you post on Smile Being You
- If you enter a Smile Being You competition or complete a survey
3. How does Smile Being You use your information?
3.1 Smile Being You may use the information we collect from you in order to:
- Improve the Smile Being You website and develop the content to suit users’ interests
- Respond to comments, messages and emails sent to Smile Being You
- Keep you informed about the latest Smile Being You news, content and opportunities (Please note, you can unsubscribe at any time from such email communications)
- Administer a survey, contest, promotion or other feature of Smile Being You
- Market and promote Smile Being You.
4.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by other websites who serve up content on that site (‘third party cookies’).
4.3 What are cookies used for?
- Collect anonymous visitor data for statistical purposes in order to monitor, for example, the number of visits to the website, which pages are most frequently visited and the number of clicks on links.
- Tailor adverts and content to suit users.
- Store your preference for your media player for playing videos.
- Improve the user experience.
5. How does Smile Being You store and protect your information?
5.1 The Smile Being You website collects and stores information in compliance with UK Data Protection law 1988. We implement a variety of measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access this information.
5.2 Smile Being You will not share, transfer, sell or trade your personally identifiable information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance notice and you have agreed to this. This does not include our website/domain/email hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
5.3 Smile Being You may share non-identifiable, anonymous visitor information with third parties for the purposes of marketing or advertising. This will not include information that could identify an individual.
5.4 Users contacting Smile Being You and/or its owner do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk.
5.5 Smile Being You may release your information if we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
6. Social Media Platforms
6.1 Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that Smile Being You communicate and participate on are custom to the respective social media platforms own terms & conditions and privacy policies. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate and engage through them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
6.2 The Smile Being You website uses social sharing buttons to enable users to share web content directly to a social media platform. Users do this at their own discretion and should note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
7. Further Information
Please also read the Smile Being You Terms and Conditions.
You may find it helpful to view the following external policies:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Facebook Data Policy
8. Contact Smile Being You
Should you have any questions about Smile Being You and its content, including anything mentioned on this page, please get in touch by emailing Joanna@smilebeingyou.com
Thank you for reading this information.